Since 1984, we have been a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and development organization seeking to improve the lives of the Afghan people. We meet the acute needs of the most vulnerable and encourage early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We match our work with the specific Afghan communities needs and goals.
The Grants & Communications Advisor is a key position within the Department of Fundraising & Communications. communication as well as external communication activities in English. S/he will build the capacity of department staff in report writing and contractual compliance through engaging them in continuous on-the-job mentoring and coaching as well as providing real time technical advice, support and assistance.
- Take part in the quarterly and annual preparation of the Sub-Department of Grants and Monitoring, in close collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and Communications and other departmental staff.
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications to guide and promote and organize the production of project proposals based on the expertise of DACAAR and in accordance with the structure of the DACAAR programme.
- Enable the production and quality enhancement of common modules and off-the-shelf knowledge sets and tools as building blocks for the development of the project plan.
- Work closely with and support the M&E team to ensure that lessons gained and information acquired through M&E of current projects is channeled and incorporated into the design of future projects as well as on-going project reports.
- Support the Head of Fundraising & Communications to ensure compliance by donors with contractual obligations related to funded projects, both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Support the production of project reports in compliance with the standard and timeframes necessary.
- Help the capacity building of staff in the Fundraising and Communications Department, the English language skills, the written report and the contractual compliance of donors.
- Assist staff develop analytical skills and critical thinking, particularly when working with M&E data and reporting.
- Work nearly with and assist the Communications Officer and Assistant to keep the DACAAR website up to date with important details, including photographs , videos, reports, press releases, field success stories, articles, etc.
- Support our M&E, reporting and the communications personnel to regularly gather success stories, case studies, human interest stories, photos and videos.
- Edit and develop them to be used for donor accounts, seminars, official financial reports, newsletters and other publications.
- Develop and oversee the design and publication of the DACAAR External Annual Report
- In addition to the specific tasks and responsibilities set out above, the Grants & Communications Advisor will carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Education: Master Degree or Bachelor degree in the relevant subject field.
Experience: At least 3 Three years of relevant experience is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Good knowledge of humanitarian, emergency and development organizations.
- Knowledge and experience of bilateral and multilateral donor such as ECHO, UN agencies, USAID, DANIDA etc.
- Be Able to take the lead in program development and reporting.
- A strong team player with good coordination skills
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Languages: Fluent Oral and Written English is required. Employment Benefits. In addition
IIn addition to the monthly wage, the following package is usually paid for:
- A return air fare between the home address of the employee and Kabul at the beginning and end of the contract.
- R&R: 5 paid working days of leave upon completion of 8 weeks of continuous stay (excluding weekends and public holidays) in Afghanistan.
- Costs sustained (travel and accommodation) during R&R is compensated up to USD 1000/-(One thousand US dollars only).
- Annual Leave: 25 days paid per a year (2.08 days per month).
- Public holidays: 10 days per year. Travel, Health and life insurance coverage for the duration of your employment.
- Rooms: communal rooms, fairly furnished, all maintenance expenses protected, 24/7 supervision of civilian guards, no housekeeping facilities given.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible applicants can email a DACAAR Work Application Form along with an Introduction letter and an electronic CV to email@example.com or a hard copy to the HR Department at DACAAR Headquarters in Kabul.
While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merits, qualified women, persons with disabilities and members of minority communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753